Some PlyingPosted: July 24, 2012 | Author: Rachel | Filed under: Fibre, Projects | Leave a comment »
I was spinning that pink Rambo/Corrie dyed with cochineal I have been working on for awhile. It came time to wind off the spinning bobbin and I noticed I had 23 cardboard bobbins with varying amounts of singles on them, 2 spinning bobbins with singles, and the two bobbins on my wheels. I decided it was time to ply some fibres that went together and plied some Corrie with silk. I managed to ply 148g of 3ply yarn before I ran out of silk singles.
This should be enough for a slouchy hat. It was 2 skeins and I am going to wash them to set the twist after supper. I am not sure if I have any other singles that can go together but I do have more Corrie batts that I can spin and then ply with some of the other Corrie singles I have. I also have some more of that BFL. I will do that after finishing the Rambo/Corrie. I will count what I plied today as one skein as it is one batch of yarn and the Rambo/Corrie will be the second one which will make the 2 I wanted to make in July. I just need to make one more hat. So get the Rambo/Corrie done and one hat done is my mission before August 1st.